Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kindred spirits

During our vacation at Grandma's, the Hubster & Pap went to the local "Gun Bash" for some male bonding. GRRrrrrr, how manly!! (Rolling my eyes)...It was during their outting that grandma suggested I get some relaxation of my own. She sent me out for shopping & exploring the area, while she babysat. Woo Hoo! What fun I had! I drove across river to East Liverpool Ohio.

There are a few local antique shops & pottery outlet over there. Mostly. I was looking for some prim shopping for a textile swap. Thanks to Mercantile Gatherings website & their store listings:
http://mercantilegatherings.com/shop/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=5 I was able to find a very special place, Seasons of the Heart!!



What a wonderfully warm & inviting little slice of heaven, this shop is!!! I have never been in a prim shop, this was a 1st. Every where I turned there was eye candy galore & I was a giddy little girl again!

It was so refreshing & exciting being in a shop that truly captured all my interests. I wish I could've bought 2 of everything in the place!! I talked the shop owner, Melissa's, ear off-with my giddy little chatter!! I mentioned that I blogged & was in a textile swap online & she commented on how her Mom was on a lot of Prim forums etc. She was sweet & wonderfully helpful to me!
After I made some purchases, I promised to be back again during my visit in the area. I just loved, loved, loved this shop!! On the tail end of our visit-I was able to go back to the shop again to make a few more purchases. What a surprise & delight to see that Melissa's Mom, Judy Reynolds, was also in the shop.
I started gabbing with Judy & low 'n behold, she was also in the same textile swap of Char's!! She also blogs & knew several of the same online "friends" that I'm getting to know! You can catch her over at http://comegatheratmytable.blogspot.com/ . Although she hasn't had much time to update her blog, she shared that she is beginning one for Melissa's shop! How exciting, can't wait for that!
It was wonderful to visit with both Melissa & Judy while in East Liverpool. They had so many fantastic prim craft tips & advice to share. I even shared with Judy some of the stitchery I'd begun & a wool penny rug pattern I'd bought. I could've sat down, poured myself a cup of Melissa's yummy smelling coffee & spent the entire afternoon getting to know these ladies! (Truth be told I worried about my younglin's tearing apart Gramy's place while I was gone...He he! I don't get out much!)
Dontcha' just love when God winks at you with precious encounters like this? Kindred spirits, that truly touch your life! If any of you gals are in the Eastern Ohio area, please stop by 'Seasons of the Heart' for some "hand-did quality crafts & olde fixens"!! You won't be sorry for the drop by - I promise!

5 comments:

  1. Well bless your heart!!! We enjoyed visiting with you as well and sure wish we could have chatted more! Now you know if you are ever in this area again you need to come back and have some of that coffee and visit awhile. Kindred spirits for sure! Thank-you for blessing us with your friendship. God is good!!!
    Many Blessings my friend~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds like such a great place, wish I was closer so I could go! How nice to have found this shoppe and make wonderful new friends!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the opportunity to meet both these wonderful people,and have become a good friend to Judy andher dd. When I was there, Melissa had not opened the new shop but working at the first Seasons of the Heart, which was also impressive. I hope to make it out there again!..thanks for sharing..you hit it right on as you wrote this article..I am with you 100 % !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful place.....good luck with your pennies....I would like to try that myself. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really does sound like you met a kindred spirit! I still love Prim so much! I am addicted to anything with those "candle" lights, with the silicone bulbs. I use alot of them outside in the winter, in those old wooden totes, with lots of greenery in them. Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete