Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vacationing at Grandma's

We're on vacation at my In-Love's (so much nicer than In-Laws, dontcha think?). Only get one chance at this thing called "life", & I want my kid's hearts filled with warm Grandparent memories. I have many fond memories of summer week stay's at the Grand's. Nothing can replace the smiles of joy from my littles, as they pillow fight in Grandma & Pap's bed. Or the squeals of delight as they chase each other thru the meadow fields. Or the summer nights of catching fire flies at Grandma's country home. These are the things I dreamed of as a young newlywed, hopes for my unborn children. I'm so content to watch my boys getting to know the hubster's folks & loving the small things-time & money can never, never replace.

Yesterday we took the John Deere gator & Pap's golf cart out to pick black raspberries. Hubby's favorite....
Guess who did most of the pickin'? Not my boys! He, he! (Notice Grandma & Daddy pickin' in the background.)

They had more fun ridin' the fields & woods in the Gator. I did too!

The boys have been camping in the backyard a few nights with their cousin.
This coming week there's talk of horse back riding some local trails &/or canoeing the lake. Whee! I'm excited about those adventures. I haven't rode in a few years, but have been wanting to take the kids for awhile. I discovered kayaking a few summer agos & loved it. I'm hoping canoeing goes as well. Pray for us.
I'll try to update our adventures as I can. Enjoy your week ahead & take care, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome to build memories with our families! My husband are both blessed with families who truly enjoy spending time with each other and our kids have had many special "cousin" times. Hope you enjoy your week.

    I was also wondering if you got my reply email a few weeks ago concerning our textile swap? You had mentioned that you had some favorite sayings in your home. I asked if there are still some sayings that you would like to have hanging somewhere. Just lookin' for a few ideas. :)

    Thanks!
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete