Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Flik N Float Fun

After having my house buzzing with littles & a week of crazy cousin fun. I thought I'd share some of the fun we had over the 4th of July weekend. We had a good ol' fashion time in our backyard pool, night swimmin'. The kids were throwing glow sticks at the bottom & diving for them. The best of the fun was our homemade version of a "Flik 'N Float".

Remember the auction I wrote about? I had also purchased a box lot of vintage cameras at the sale. In the lot, there was an old 8mm film projector. Joe was fascinated by it & kept trying to pry the case open to get it working. I started tinkering with it & it looked like it ran fine. This is what we ended up doing.....

Hung a quilt from the kid's trampoline....
Set the projector up in the yard, facing the quilt.... What could've been more "All American" than Walt Disney classic....Mickey Mouse!!! Love Donald Duck & his crazy antics.... Then we grabbed a seat on a raft or the pool edge & "floated" to the "flik". Thus the name "Flik 'N Float"!
It was so much fun. We were all feeling nostalgic of simpler times. Except the kids, of course, who still don't understand why there is no sound or color in those old movies. He, he!

We all cooled down after the show with our traditional 4th of July treats. Sparklers & red, white, and blue popsicles.
We headed to my sister in love's ranch the end of the weekend, for more fun. Guess how many baby cows were born on the 4th? Three little bulls!!! They were just precious! All of them are being bottle fed right now & are real good looking.

This is my favorite lil hefer in the herd right now, her name is Stormy. She is the sweetest little girl & follows you everywhere for nuzzling. Don't you just love her red head? She's a beauty & if we could squeeze her in our house, I'd try to adopt her as my own!
I hope that all of you had a great 4th of July, full of fun, family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. I love your old-fashioned 4th of July celebration! You're making such wonderful memories for your children! Love the pics of the baby cows, but weren't you afraid of those bulls?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy
    Wow this was totally awesome !
    Thank you for sharing.
    Somewhere we have an old projector but I never thought about taking it outside to do a little watching while we play in the pool.
    Thank you for the great idea :)
    Your 4th was a great ALL AMerican 4th your family made some precious memories .
    I just love the sweet little calf her red head is sooooooo cute.
    Blessings of joy to you and yours.
    Have a wonderful rest of the summer.
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete