I couldn't pass on Char's ( http://charsethman.blogspot.com/) latest textile swap. Once again, I consider myself blessed by the experience! My swap partner was Jacki over at http://www.hearthsidehappenings.net/ . Jacki is the proprietor of Hearthside Collection, a primitive country business that specializes in samplers, baskets & home decor. She is featured in Country Sampler magazine for her stick family samplers & other goodies. She has some fabulous pieces & is greatly gifted with her needle skills!
Just look at her gorgeous hand work that she sent to me....
I've photoshopped the stitching of our last name out from the Homestead piece. (For the purposes of anonymity, one never knows with the world wide web. I tend to be on the cautious side of life. He, he. :) )I truly loved being apart of this swap & admire Jacki's work so much. Thank you much my sweet prim friend! I will treasure your pieces for years to come!
I ended up sending Jacki a small wool applique pillow tuck(purchased), a hand stitched / aged country sampler (I did), a set of stitched tea towels (I made), a flour sack apron from original/antique flour sack (I made), and a handwoven table runner(purchased). Bless her heart, for putting up with all my newbie attempts at the prim crafting! I tried my best & had fun with it. I enjoy challenging myself to try new things with all these swaps. What fun!!
WOW! You hit the jackpot with this swap!
ReplyDeleteI love her stick figure family stitcheries.
I am considering purchasing a few for christmas...since she is having a buy 2 get 1 1/2 off sale!
You received some awesome handmade items!
What sweet goodies you got there! I wanted to do the swap too but missed this one. You are a lucky girl!
ReplyDeleteDeb ;)