Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Memorial Weekend

Whatcha got planned for the long weekend? We'll be working on the yard & getting the pool ready for the unofficial start of summer. Yes, I actually got the pink John Deere gloves out this week & planted some posies!! They have real dirt on them! Yea me! I planted pinks & purples in the backyard, around the pool. Next I want to plant red, white & blue's in the front. I like to keep the front yard work to low maintenance, due to the sweltering Texas heat ;D . I will probably make mostly container gardens in the front.

Next on the agenda is painting the front door & working on patriotic porch decor. I have seen so many inspiring & cute yard/porch photos in blogland. I want to cutsey up the front a bit now. Hubby says "why bother?", he'd like to go for the "you're not welcome here!!" look. He is not a suburbanite. He grew up in the country & wants to remain private. A little difficult because we live in a planned community :D He, he!

I'm also working on a few goodies for a patriotic prim swap. Although I love to craft-I'm not always the best gal to get the job done. I have a tendency to start projects & get discouraged, then give up. I have a closet full of good intentions! I just love this pattern that I picked out & plan on making one for myself. So keep me in your prayers, k?

Ben & I had an impromptu picnic in the park yesterday. He brought along one of his favorite buds, Super Mario!

We stopped off at 7-11 & bought our snacks Yes, not very nutritous or economical. I know...He looked like he had fun though. The boys have 8 days of school left, until summer break. Next year Ben starts Kindergarten. I'm trying to savor every moment I have with him for these next few days. Soon, they'll both be in school all day & I'll be an empty nester...during the day. I plan on continuing volunteer work at school etc. But still, I will miss my little boys under foot, while I work at home. I'm being sentimental, but savoring these precious moments.

Family will be coming over to our house on Monday. I plan on giving my little sis her Birthday gift. Check this out, isn't this apron darling? I'm going to bling a red rhinestone monogram on the pocket. I think it's so simple & sweet. All she needs is a pair of red cowgirl boots! Woo Hoo! I hope she likes it & if she doesn't...pfft! I'll take it! (I like to buy things for people that I'd want to get. He he!)


I hope y'all have a great weekend, filled with fun! Don't forget to remember, America is only "free" because of her brave. God bless America & all who serve & protect. Our sweet land of liberty!

No comments:

Post a Comment