Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Whatcha Working Wednesday

I'm participating in Leslie's @ My Country Home "Whatcha Working on Wednesday" today-my 1st time ever. The day started out rough with the suv over-heating, on the way home from dropping off Ben at pre K. Hubby was only 1/4 way in on his commute. He turned around & rescued me, fixed it, then went on his way. He's such the man! (Love ya, babe! Even if you don't read this blog or know I write on it...lol!)

O, just in case y'all have ever lost hope for humanity & manners....check this out! I had pulled into a drug store parking lot when the suv heated over. I was at the register with my 6 gallons of water & new copy of Country Sampler (didn't know how long hubby would be & had to kill some time ;) The guy behind me asks about the suv problem & if it happens a lot. I was rattled & couldn't get my debit card thing to work. He steps up & pays for all the water & my magazine.."she's having a bad day, that's o.k.". I thanked him & then he was gone. So nice, wouldn't ya say? I can enjoy the new Country Sampler thanks to my suv! Ha!

Now that all is settled & well again...I'm working on putting my diningroom back together & decorating it. This is my Mommy's china hutch that I inherited
It's a sentimental piece for me. I always have problems figuring out what & how to display things in it. I have a lot of Mom's pieces, but I want it to be mine-know what I mean. As I'm changing things out into more farmhouse/primitive decor, I'm still playing. Here's what I'm trying to fit back in it/on it.
I have a cream stone butter churn to add also & a few more pieces tucked away.

I have no idea what I'm doing & hope it doesn't end up looking like Fred Sanford's place. I've got my day filled, anyway.

Don't you just love how bloggers inspire you to venture out of the box? I do! Thanks to Janene at Primitive Lifestyle post yesterday http://janene-primitivelifestyle.blogspot.com/2009/05/more-goodwill-eye-candy-and-stoneware.html I've finally fixed one of my yard sale creamy stoneware pieces.

I bought this pitcher last year & have simply turned it's ugly painted side to the back(facing the wall), for display effect. I'd picked at it & rubbed at it & figured it was done stuck like this: After being inspired by Janene & finding this tool in my stuff.... It's like new again! Yippee! I'm so happy!

Lookey what I got in the mail yesterday from Christine @ TinCanCottage...This was part of her "little" giveaway & is absoulutely darling! Isn't she sweet?
Check her out, now she's officially a Farm Chick on the loose! He he! Those Pip berries are bigger than her head! Ahk! It's a pip berry harvest? I still like your blue Tonka better Christine :)
This little guy use to sit on Joe's nursery shelf as a baby. Now I tried to grub it up a bit to add to a collection of antique/prim toys for the family room. My farmer/blog chick will actually stay near my 'puter. Thanks again Christine!
If you have ideas or suggestions for my hutch, please leave me a note. What are you Working on this Wednesday? Glad you stopped by & come on back, ya here?

4 comments:

  1. You have some great items to try to find places for! I can help you by taking some of those goodies off your hands! LOL LOL
    I am so glad that the putty knife worked to remove your gorgeous daisies! The pitcher truly does look better now!
    I am an okay redoer...but not too good of a displayer. I wish I could help you out on how to display your items...besides my suggestion above, I have nothing!
    Have a great Wednesday, and keep us updated on your hutch progress!
    P.S. What a great guy that was who bought your water and magazine! What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog today. Welcome, and nice to meet you :-)

    Yeah, I have to agree with Janene! What a great guy that helped you out today... Gives you hope for human kind huh! I also love all the things that go back into your hutch. Keep the pictures updated! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...we are swap partners!!!!
    I have alot of goodies for you....I am already starting to pack the box.....I love it!!!!!! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your blog gal cuizing in a prim truck:D Im glad your enjoying it! Also, love your strawberry sidebar font farmhouse flair for sure!

    ReplyDelete