Ready?
Wait for it... Wait for it....
This is a view of the top of the hutch. I'm missing a little hen or rooster perched up there-dontcha' think? I liked this setting yesterday. This morning, I'm ready to change it again, it bothers me. I think it's too much going on.
I've swapped out the inside settings countless times already. Still not happy. I think that there is a definite art to decorating this hutch & I'm missing the text book, or something. :( I'll show you some of the groupings, because with the doors closed up-it looses some of the look. To start with this, is the creamy crock grouping
I'd moved the butter churn up top because it lost the effect with the plunger out of it. The brown & white jug is an original from my Grandaddy's farm.
I'd moved the butter churn up top because it lost the effect with the plunger out of it. The brown & white jug is an original from my Grandaddy's farm.This was one of the original settings that I already moved around. The antique rolling pins are losing lighting & charm bunched on the bottom

-so I moved them up, but now they're too shawdowy?...
All of the pieces in the left photo are original to the family farm. The milk bottle was a delivery from the 40's & has the local dairy printed on it. That's the history I cherish about it. I love my little glass chicken-she was my Grandma's.Here's one of my favorite things, a glass canister filled with vintage cookie cutters.
Some of these were my Mom's, my Grandma's & some are even older antiques I've found along the way. I still have a bit more to collect to fill to the top. The gingerbread man in the front, we used to cut out cookies every Christmas, when I was a girl. They just make me very cheery. I thought about adding a vintage label to the front of the canister, but I don't want to miss any of these cuties peeking out.
Some of these were my Mom's, my Grandma's & some are even older antiques I've found along the way. I still have a bit more to collect to fill to the top. The gingerbread man in the front, we used to cut out cookies every Christmas, when I was a girl. They just make me very cheery. I thought about adding a vintage label to the front of the canister, but I don't want to miss any of these cuties peeking out. So, I'm still tweaking things & just wanted to share a peek. If y'all have any suggestions let me know. I sure could use some help.
I love old tractors & the little box is brimming with prim clothes pins! Yes! Not bad for an early start.


I love your grouping...I think all you need is a pop of color , such as a plant, I use artificial geraniums, hydrangeas, fern, or ivy in my groupings. I will take some pics one of these daze Another idea would be to use your new garage sale find, the old tractor book would be a great pop of color put way behind things on one of your shelves. I wish I lived closer, we would make it pop! You have some really nice authentic farmhouse pieces, the best kind in fact! they are your cherished heirlooms! How lucky you are!:D Hugs til next time, Christine
ReplyDeleteHey,
ReplyDeleteI was just wondering if you liked any of your swap from me...?
Beth
I love the top of your hutch...don't change it! Unless you want to add a rooster. I love roosters! You want to know what I love the most about this post? That most of your things are family heirlooms, and they must mean alot to you. Just beautiful!
ReplyDelete