Monday, May 11, 2009

Blogger blunders


I'm not doing well at my blog attempt here. It's difficult for me to get quiet time to sit & write. Also, I'm not sure what to write about. Although I want to mostly write about my home life, I also want blogger buddies to get to know me. I'm hoping to redeem myself & at least post every week, either once or twice. I'm trying to not worry so much about the content & just get the words out. So, pardon me while I ramble on & find my voice. ;)

I'm also having difficulties on establishing the blog design. I'm a simplistic gal by nature, but I do want to add some cute stuff that represents me. So, if anyone has any words of wisdom to help a newbie like me-I'd sure appreciate them. I do not write code & so keep it on the cliff notes version, 'k? Nuff said-moving on!

I spent my Mother's Day eve with a little sick boy. Ben had played TBall earlier & we had a full night at church. He seemed fine when he went to sleep & then around midnight things turned for the worst. He had been vomitting in his sleep. Hubby heard it & called for me right away. Poor baby, was too weak to even move! I made a nest on the floor next to his bed & stayed there all night. I slept on & off. He was up every 1 1/2 hours dry heaving. It was gross to say the least. This is what motherhood is about though & I truly worry for my babies when they get ill. He was running around Mother's day morning, but I could tell he was not himself. I don't think he had the concept of "Mudder's Day" either. That's alright though.

Mother's Day, I mostly sat my bum on the sofa-recouping from the night before. My muscles were really sore from sleeping on the floor etc. Joe was beyond excited that it was finely "Mutter's Day"! (He'd been asking all week "Is it Mutter's Day yet?") He gave me the cutest little card he drew... this is his interpretation of Mom:
I love my sprigs of hair & that they're pink! He also made me a cute little pink pocketbook with poseys! I don't think the construction paper handles will last a trip to the store-but it's purdy anyhow.

Hubby finished more than a few items off the Honey-Do-List. (We're finishing up the last of our remodeling for now & there's a distant light at the end of the tunnel. Yea!) He updated the paint color in the livingroom to go with the floors we installed & the mantel re-do. He also helped cut out my cornice boards for the windows. AND-he's given me back my diningroom by putting together my Mom's heirloom hutch & bolting it into the studs for me. I'm so thrilled with how it's looking now with the wood floors & trim! I just have to carve out the time to re-decorate now. Fun!

Mother's Day dinner was my choice. We normally love to eat at Bass Pro shop's restaurant for special occasions. Since Ben was not feeling himself-I was totally fine staying home. Hubster grilled chicken breast & made a broccoli salad for me. It was tasty & plenty leftovers for the freezer.

I get a little melancholy on Mother's Day, if I stop too long & pause. My Mom passed away August 2004 from Parkinson's disease. She was only 62 years young & I miss her much. It's difficult to believe I can't just pick up the phone & call her still. However, I look forward to celebrating with her at the feet of our Lord & Savior, Jesus, one day.

This is a photo of my Mom, she is up late cutting out sugar cookies to bake for her little girls. Notice the petite size of them? She used tiny puzzle pieces as her cutters! Regular sized cookies were too much for little hands & mouths, always messy. She invented a way to make tiny kid sized cookies for us-she was an excellent Mommy.....

What are some things you remember about your Mom that she did to make your life extra special? I'd love to read comments-let me know you stopped by, won't ya? Thanks & have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm at the library...total bummer making a special trip to blog, but , you know , I just have to! I wanted to stop by and say Happy's Mothers Day to ya!:D I see it was typacle and special too! Nice husband you have making ya Chicken and broccolli salad. (my husband cannont cook or grill :D but, he tries!:D) I think your Mothers Day post shows what a Mother truley is, she is there when your sick, worries about sick or well, and remembers where she came from, so that she can pass all those wonderful memories and traditions to make a better future for her own children! You Are the Definition of Motherhood! Hope you and your family stay well and healthy! (p.s. your tiny giveaway is finally on its way, you should see it by Wednesday , I hope you get a kick out of it :D)
    God Bless - Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love this post about Mother's Day. Your mother was beautiful outside, and I can tell how you described her, she was just as beautiful inside!
    I wanted to let you know that removing my painted on pic was as easy as scraping it off with a putty knife. Since it wasn't fired on or a decal it was very simple. I hope yours comes off just as easy.
    I am now on to read more.
    Keep up the blogging...I really enjoy your post!

    ReplyDelete