Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Swap Goodies

I have been watching all the fun that blogger gals have with swaps. I've desperately wanted to participate & joined Char's "Primitively Patriotic" swap, over at http://charsethman.blogspot.com/ . My first time participating & I am wonderfully blessed by the experience.

My swap partner was Beth over at http://ragggedyangel.blogspot.com/ (She has some real cool stuff over on her blog, check her out..) She especially has an eye for all things prim & is one talented mama!

I was having the worst day before her package arrived & then I just about cried when I saw in the box! Check out theses goodies she sent me:

Apple Crunch room and linen spray. This stuff is so heavenly comforting! I've sprayed my whole family room down with it!

Red, white and blue, pip berry strand, with rusted prim stars!!! I was truly excited about this, because I've been looking for some pip berry strands to decorate with! There are no stores locally that carry it & I hadn't found the right source for them on line. Now I have my very own, delivered to my door!!! Thanks Beth!!

Prim Americana slate with a country homestead painted on it. So cool!! This goes perfect in my family room.

Prim star with patriotic pip berries. This is real old & antiquish looking-love it! There are prim rusted bells on each tip & they even ring! I've got to learn her aging technique, 'cuz this guy is real crunchy & perfectly primmed up.

My Liberty Lamb!!! This baby made me cry tears of joy when I saw him!! I love him so much! He just makes my heart swell with happiness, & I'm not even sure why. I've been wanting to collect prim sheep for awhile & this baby is my prize starter!!! Thank you, Beth!!!
See what a blessing it is to participate in blogville? (I'm really talking to myself here because I get discouraged from blogging, but love reading other's blogs.)

I mentioned in my last post that I like to craft, but I'm not always the best at completing my projects. Thanks for those that prayed with me, I finished 2 different patterns to send off. One pattern was an stitchery that I turned into a pillow. My first stitchery & it was real easy. The second pattern I completed was a sewing/painting/grungy, americana eagle. I loved this! It took me some practice with technique, but I think I got it. I made me 3 of the eagles...chances were 1 in 3, that I'd least finish one decent enough to swap. Fun projects & I'm learning so much about aging things.
So, don't be shy to join in on blogville fun from time to time...you never know how it'll enrich your life!! There are so many nice people out there to get to know! Love these swaps!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet things you said! Your pips are on their way.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete