Thursday, January 7, 2010

My simple, yet sweet, gal indugence #1

I truly love my magazines. They make me smile when I find them in the mailbox. Since nearly everyone has gone electronic vs. good ‘ol pony express, it’s almost the only personal mail I receive these days. Brightens many days for me getting these goodies delivered to my door.

Right now I’m creating a wish list of subscriptions for 2010. My current, slightly splurging, subscriptions are to ‘Country Sampler’ & ‘Mary Janes Farm’. My sister just renewed me to ‘Family Fun’. (cool kid activites, themes & games)

O, then there’s the occasional mail order catalog that I mysteriously get, that I may fall in love with. Some of them are down right a barrel of gaggles, like ‘Lillian Vernon’ & ‘The Lakeside Collection’. Love those knock off gadgets & gizmos! Last year I ordered seeds to sprout my garden, from two different companies. Surprise, surprise, now I’m on some sorta’ gardening catalog list. I love going thru the pages & circling seedling wishes for the spring. With it being only 27 degrees & icy today though, it’s hard to believe that season is around the corner. Brrrrr!!

Just yesterday Jo & I were in the fabric store picking up left over Christmas goodies. When we went to check out, my eye caught this dandy & brought a smirk to my lips.

My Mom loved ‘Pack O Fun’ when we were kids. She saved every issue.

I have to say that they were a great blessing to our family. She got all of her creative ideas for kids party ideas, games & crafts from them. They were truly cherished.

(I’m the little one in the blue checked dress)

My boys love to craft with me also. They will only create when it’s involving their newest favorite character from books & t.v. Mostly we pull crafts, cooking & small science experiments from kid’s websites. Times sure have changed.

Selfishly, I’m thinking of subscribing to ‘Create & Decorate’ magazine to do a little Mommy crafting instead. Seems like they have some great patterns. ‘Mercantile Gatherings’ is also on my wish list. However, being a frugal gal $21.95 for 4 issues, is a little steep.

I’d love to hear from you gals about what magazines you read or subscribe to. I think they’re one of the best simple indulgences. Right up there with bubble baths & flavored coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment