Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Morning in the Life of Sydney

Every morning Sydney "helps" drive the boys to school with me. She sits in the front passenger seat, since we live very close to the elementary. She knows the drill & even has this innate sense of timing. If Mom is running behind schedule, or if I'm getting distracted with tasks/to do lists, Sydney will let me know in a not so subtle way. She will come along my left side & smoothly block my path, then look up at me, as if to say "stay on track, you are running late". She is one smart doodle!

Sydney is very careful to watch who is at the front of the school & if anyone approachs the doors of the car.

She waits until the boys are in safe hands, preferly an adult "teacher".

She absolutely will not loose sight of her kids until they are inside the school doors either. "Bye Ben, have a great day at kindergarten...."


Once the kids are at school she looks at me & seems to think "Ok, what's our girl agenda today Ma?"

Then it's off we go, to let our hair down, crank up the fun tunes, and let loose! Just, for a bit anyway....
After we get home, Mom fills her mug with coffee. She rewards her good girl with "release" & a run in the yard. Then it's zoom, zoom, zoomy.....


Ahhh, it's rough in the life of a doodle girl.....
Waiting the hours of the day until we go pickup the boys from school. That is always fun!
I sit in the front seat on pickups also & because of my size can be perceived as a person (if not looking closely or the windows are dirty enough)!
Mom & I have both giggled when a teacher turns to looks in, then gasps at the sight of me. They always say "I thought that was a person!" & start laughing.
I guess I could easily be mistaken for a wookie. Chewbaca has me on the height advantage though. Lol!

2 comments:

  1. Sydney

    Lovely to meet you - thanks so much for the comment and stopping by our blog. We are very impressed with your supervision skills in the car!

    take care
    Clive and gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just to cute! I'm not having the best day but reading your post just put a big smile on my face...thank you!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete