Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Days & Celebrations

Our home has been filled with birthday parties lately. 1st we celebrated Ben's 6th with a Mario party. He is quite the little gamer these days & loves many Mario games. (Not so much to my liking, but his Dad & I monitor the games he does play.) I tried to create lots of homemade goodies for his guests to go home with. Mario hats, Mario gloves, Princess Peach crowns, lollipop mustaches, & little yellow boxes with gold chocolate coins inside.

At one point we had 6 little boys running around dressed up like the character Mario. Jo even dressed up as Luigi, Mario's brother! They had fun & we had a good turn out.


Next we celebrated Hubby's birthday. We already had our regular date night scheduled for the night, but it was his choice what we did. We had appetizers in Bass Pro's restaraunt & went shopping afterwards. I bought him a new fishing vest, lures & a new Browning baseball cap. My guy had been making do with his fishing vest he got when he was 18 years old....26 years ago!! I had no idea because I haven't gone fishing with him in years & years. Plus, how would I know what was good or worn out in fishing fashions, honestly?
His new vest looks real good on him & has lots of nifty pockets to hold his gear. (He doesn't use tackle boxes-because he mainly hikes in to fish with just his pole, vest & waders.) He's very pleased. Hubby also loves so much of the hunting gear that Browning develops & thinks their logo rocks! He grins everytime he puts on that new hat. I love seeing him so happy!!

One of my personal celebrations has been sharing the joy of reading blogger friend, Christine's, feature in Southern Magazine. Christine can be found over at
http://thetincancottage.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-cans-were-featured-in-real-southern.html

She makes homemade candle & can creations with vintage graphics, that are simply darling! Her creations were used in decorating a southern gal's Tennessee wedding. That wedding's charming accents were photographed & written up in Southern Magazine! Wow, I'd be real excited if I ever had anything I created published! The magazine is not in circulation in Christine's area & so I bought one here in Texas to send her.

Christine is also one cutie of a Vintage Trailer gal. She has decorated her little Shasta trailer like a girl's dream getaway! She & her hubby adventure around, camping in style. I love this lifestyle, sort of like a sisters on the fly mentality. To tote along on her trailer travels, I sewed her a quick little apron to wear. It has a retro look fabric with the state's on it. I could just see her out by the camp fire, brewing up some coffee in it. The apron was a breeze to make & I had to throw it in the package with her magazine.

Her return act of gratitude was a surprise & arrived on my doorstep a few weeks ago. Look at these darling items she sent me!


She knows my love & life's neccesity for coffee & so this one candle really got to me. It reads "Try our coffee-it's delicious" on one side & the other "Coffee Break 9:00 - 5:00 DAILY"! Ka-U-te & sooo true in my house!

The next candle has a vintage graphic label with a frazzled woman in her kitchen, talking on a pink telephone saying "I child proofed my house but they still get in"! Lol! The 3rd candle is a mason jar with raffia & smells like fresh laundry...mmmmm! Love the little heart rag rug! Each & every part of her package was fun to open, she even wrapped everything in sweet tea towels.

AND, lookey...she even included goodies for my boys.....
Believe me, they never quit with these smiley balls, either! What an unexpected but delight of a thank you package! Thanks Christine, you're a doll! I love it all!

So many wonderful things to celebrate & be thankful for around my home! I'm humming the hymn 'Count Your Blessings'!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now that's a great party!!!! Fabulous idea, mom!
    Love what you found on your doorstep, off to visit her site now.

    ReplyDelete