I can only give you a peek at what I’m workin’ on, because it’s going to be a swap item for a good prim friend. Just a glimpse here…..


Ooooo, ahhh, can ya smell fall is in the air? The other weekend we got a look at some local pumpkins just beginning to turn orange… I can’t stand the anticipation! I love the fall!!!

I finished up sewing the valances & temporarily stuck them up in the family room. I’m real excited at how they turned out. Whatcha think?

The hubster also finished building my shelves

Ok, catch the vision I’m casting here….This is one long shelf that runs the length of both windows, just about 7 feet or over. I’m going to prim this up & use the rustic Briwax to stain it. Now imagine them flipped the other way with the stitchery/homespun valances hanging from underneath. Atop will sit a collection of vintage toys, old hardy boy books, game pieces & some prim game boards. I know it’s difficult to imagine. I hope to be able to show y’all the finished results real soon. I’m getting anxious also.
Back to school is going smoother. We opted to drive the boys to school & pick them up together. It’s brought peace to the situation, even though Jo misses his bus driver. This way I feel more involved & can get teacher contact more readily, if needed. We all get up together, bright & early. I enjoy this small time as a family & I’ve been trying to cook breakfast for us all together. It’s been a lot of work first thing, but I feel like a better wife & Mommy for it.
Have a blessed Wednesday what ever you worked on. If I don’t get to posting before the weekend, may everybody have a restful labor day weekend.
Your shelf will b awesome! I can so picture what you described. Looking forward to pictures...
ReplyDeleteHi Sondra~
ReplyDeletehmmmm.... I wonder what that little surprise could be that you gave only a peek of??
I love it!! Thank you so much for all the wonderful fall goodies. I really enjoyed this swap with you. You are very gifted in creating hand made love!
Yes, I can comment now as we recently upgraded to Windows Vista. For some reason, Windows XP wouldn't let me post on anyone's blog with an embedded comment box. The only thing is, is that I really don't like Windows Vista. I'm wishing I had XP back. LOL! Once we work out the bugs, I think it will be fine.
Anyway, that shelf is going to be gorgeous! You'll have lots of space to display more of your wonderful creations.
Hugs to you~ Birgit
Hello Sondra,
ReplyDeleteJust want to let you know I found your blog from Birgit's after she posted the pics of your wonderful swap goodies and had to let you know how talented you are - everything looks awesome!
Have enjoyed reading your blog and would love to see the finished pics of the shelf.
Best wishes
Christine
I think the curtains look really good and I can see the shelf and its contents in my imagination. It will look great!
ReplyDelete