
Last weekend I made the mistake of having a family dinner...eating out. We don't eat out often & when or if we do I like to keep it under $35 for our family of four. That's more than adequate, in fact, down right extravagant! We tried a neighborhood family Italian restaurant that's trying to get started. Silly me, thinking we were doing a good thing, supporting the local econmony-HA! $65 poorer & more than remorsed at the quality of food & service...I think I learned my lesson.
This week I'm going to try my best to have us eat straight from what we have on hand. That shouldn't be difficult because I have the pantry stocked well & our freezers full. Of course, about mid-week I'll have to replenish the produce & milk supply. This will be either a rewarding week of eating from the labor of batch cooking/freezing. Savoring the stocked goodies within the recesses of my pantry, that I couponed & dealed over. Or this will be a stretch of patience & wimpering AGAIN!
This is the 1st week in months that I don't have a single Dr's appt, BDay, or extracurricular activity on the calendar! Woop! Also, no service men in the house to fix plumbing/foundations problems. Which has forced me away from the house to find a place & way to entertain Ben for hours. (Or else he'd be jumping right in trying to "help" them do their jobs!) I'm looking forward to being a home body & resolving to work on our "Nest".
This is what I have planned for the Meals this week. I'm not listing lunches, because they are basically always the same. Sandwiches or nuggets for the boys, salads, soup or steamed veggies with a protein for me. Hubster will be in the office all of this week & probably being taken out to eat. Poor man....
Breakfast
Homemade Blueberry Pancakes from the freezer
Oatmeal & Raisin muffins
Toast & Orange Juice
Rraisin Bran Cereal
Morning Star Bacon Strips
Scrambled Eggs with Broccoli
Cottage Cheese with Fruit
Dinner
Venison Meatloaf & Steamed Green Beans
Chicken Marsala & Green Salad
Venison & Broccoli Stir Fry with Rice
Taco Salads or Burritos
Homemade Pizza
Pasta with Sicilian Meatballs
Leftovers
No comments:
Post a Comment