Isn't this the sweetest little stitchery? I (of course) did not sew this gem, but I love it so.Lookey, lookey, what I finished on Friday....
.
I'm so excited for them to grow. I put the bio-domes on top of the fridge for a little warmth & to keep little men from diggin' em up. We just added grow lights yesterday afternoon. 
.
I'm so excited for them to grow. I put the bio-domes on top of the fridge for a little warmth & to keep little men from diggin' em up. We just added grow lights yesterday afternoon. 
I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning. I keep peeking up at them, to see if the seeds have broken thru the soil yet. Already I have zinnia sprouted!
I had no idea that italian basil seeds were so tiny, just the size of cracked pepper. I have my doubts that those tiny seeds will take, but I sure would be happy if I got everything to grow.
Since I have sown mostly italian vegetables, I'm thinking of crafting a garden sign that reads "Mamma Mia's Victory Orto". The boys love saying "Mama Mia" all the time. "Orto" is the italian word for vegetable garden. I'm adding "Victory" in honor of all this nation's sweet little victory gardens that were planted during world war II. The victory gardens allowed families to become self sustaining with produce production. That is what I hope to accomplish also.
I'm outside a little more trying to measure out & turn some soil over for the raised beds. When we had some of the work done on the house-I had any extra soil dug out put in the area of the future garden. The boys & their dump trucks have already started excavating in there.;) I only just noticed that there is a good bit of rock & possibly some concrete mixed in. Hopefully, I will have time this week to pick thru it all & dump a lot of it. I was hoping to get some cow manure from my sil's ranch, but it won't be "fertilizer" ready yet. I might have a lead on some chicken manure/fertilizer though. (yuck...)
After the kids & I planted the seeds Friday, I made them mud cups for a treat. This was my recipe: 1 layer crushed oreo, 1 milk chocolate pudding cup, 1 layer crushed oreo & gummy worms on top! I did not partake, but drooled a whole bunch! Lol..
They loved them of course & hubby couldn't believe I'd let them indulge in such decadenceHere's a reveal of some of my progress on the mantel.....
Before:
Now:
I'm still tweeking the colors on the brick, but I'm happy with how the mantel turned out. I distressed it heavily & I think it looks much better.
Hubby & I removed the carpeting & put in wood floors also. When I walk into the livingroom I can smile a little & not wince/run the other way now. Lol! I'm slowly making progress anyway. Still working at it. Now I need some cute little items for on top the mantel. Hmmmm....
Now:
I'm still tweeking the colors on the brick, but I'm happy with how the mantel turned out. I distressed it heavily & I think it looks much better.
Fireplace is looking good.
ReplyDeleteCute little garden. Way to go!